Data Privacy Notice Exeter Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we?
The Exeter Diocesan Evangelical Fellowship (EDEF) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The EDEF complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the fellowship
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform you of news, events, activities, and services being run by the EDEF or of interest to the EDEF.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities, services and keep you informed about elections (both diocesan and national).
- Legitimate interests of the data controller so that we can keep EDEF members informed about news, events, activities, services and keep EDEF members informed about elections (both diocesan and national).
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim provided:
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes);
- and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the EDEF to carry out a service to other EDEF members or for purposes connected with the EDEF. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the EDEF with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain membership data while it is still current and for up to 2 years after the year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the EDEF holds about you
- The right to request that the EDEF corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the EDEF to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the EDEF Secretary at ExeterDEF@gmail.com You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.